Tuesday 18 November 2008

The Papergirls Blog

The Papergirls had an altered CD challenge last week. There were so many beautiful entries - well worth a look - especially if you have never altered a CD (I hadn't until last week).   
This was my entry (not the winner unfortunatley LOL) - I wanted to keep the shiny, two tone effect of the CD so I sanded off the wording and then just stamped and alcohol inked directly onto the surface. Then added a bit of abalone leafing, a few magazine words and some grungeboard and a tassel. Very hard to photograph though due to the shiny surface LOL. 

The Papergirls have another interesting challenge next month too. 



3 comments:

Chris said...

I just LOVED your altered cd Karen... so much to see, fab honeycomb effect in the bottom corner (how'd you do that?...you know I'm greedy for knowledge...lol) The key and lock are brilliant too and you are so right about the cd's being hard to photograph.
have a great day
hugs
Chris xx

Chriss Rollins said...

Wonderful entry Karen love this background.

Thank you for taking on the challenge, nice to see your mojo back and it's fantastic you are back blogging too.

chriss x

Linda Vincent said...

This is fabulous Karen...great techniques and wonderful colours.
I love it!!!!!
xxx