Tuesday 18 November 2008

Metal Frame and Inchies

I have been wanting to have a go at metal embossing for a while now (after seeing all that glorious metal stuff that Rosie created on the Rosie and Linda's Art Adventure blog).
The problem was I didn't have any of the 10 second studio metal or tools or moulds. What I did have though was some cuttlebug embossing frames and some empty beer cans - which my
 husband enjoyed emptying for me :)  

I cut the beer cans open, and then washed the metal  (very carefully as it is very sharp on the edges). Then I cut it into pieces and embossed them using the cuttlebug embossing folders.  The arch is hand drawn and cut out of chipboard and the squares in the middle are a little wooden open frame that I painted silver.  

I have made some inchies for the little shelves of the frame as Inchies are the challenge for this week on Rosie and Linda's Art Aventure blog.

Thanks for the inspiration ladies - I thoroughly enjoyed myself :)

xx Karen



11 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh Karen how imaginative is THIS? Love your improvised metalwork (you can use tomato puree tubes too), and the inchies themselves are great. Glad you found time to join in and hope you enjoyed it.
Love
Rosie

Chris said...

Wowee!! how clever missus and I can just imagine how your hubby enjoyed helping you for the sake of your art...rofl
So unique and original... love the inchies and they look really fab in your frame...way to go :D
hugs
Chris xx

Linda Vincent said...

Oh my goodness Karen - that is amazing! Its one of those pieces that you want to keep looking at...there's so much to see.
I'm so glad you joined in with our challenge!!
Love
Linda x

Jaqi said...

Wow Karen, I would never have tried cuuting beer cans on my cuttlebug but I might now. These are fab, Well done, you have such great ideas. Where do I sign up for classes? Jaqi x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

WOW! cool idea!

Chriss Rollins said...

wow... WONDERFUL,

is that the box you are selling in the shop that you have altered?

the inchies are great too

I know I keep saying it's great to have you back crafting... I really mean it.

chriss x

Chriss Rollins said...

Hello Karen hope you are having a good weekend.

there is a little something on the papergirls blog.

chriss xx

Minxy said...

OMG how totally fab the arch is, my OH goes through a billion coke cans so i may now have a new use for them.

On another note, can't believe i haven't visited in so long, you have been a busy little bee, and all the new cards and projects are fab, i just don't have time to add a comment to them all, but keep up the fab work x

~*~Patty S said...

Your arch display is truly brilliant, I adore the sunshine and your inchies are so lovely!

Andrea said...

this is just a stunning piece of artwork x

Jaqi said...

Hi Karen, Ive left something on my blog for you, Jaqi x