Monday 26 May 2008

Winners to our Challenge

We have Joint winners - Number 4 and Number 17 - The prize will be split between the two of you but I will add lots of extra charms so each of you will get an organza bag filled with approx 50 charms. I hope this is OK with both of you? Your prizes will be in the post on Tuesday - congratulations to you both and thank you so much to everyone for entering our challenge. We hope to keep you all on your toes with another new challenge in a couple of weeks so keep a lookout for that.





The Best is yet to be - by Dawn Simpson




Dawn put her ATC card into a Laundry tablet bag then sponged ink through the holes to get this gorgeous patterned background. The ink used was Brilliance Dew Drops Pearlescent ink pad in Crimson. Dawn then inked around the edges of the card and stamped on the Catslife Press 'Laugh a Lot' image. The computer generated words were then cut out and the edges inked.


I love the effect of the ink through the laundry bag - yet another item that will no longer be safe from my inky fingers LOL!







Every step you take - By Rosie Radcliffe



Rosie used Distress inkpad in Vintage Photo to colour the white ATC card, then inked around the edges and stamped the image. The gorgeous image is by Paperbag Studios (This image is on their Sweet Pea sheet which we don't have in stock at the moment however should be available again in about 2 weeks).
I love how this ATC shows just how incredibly versatile these Distress Inkpads really are and the effects you can achieve with one single pad.






I am so pleased that everyone got so creative that I have decided to nominate a third ATC to receive a small prize - this prize goes to the person who we feel got the most creative with using things from around the home - the prize goes to.........

It's a crazy world of colour - by Lorraine Rigby

Take a close look at the background and you will see screw heads, coins, her sons trainer soles and Lego. Well done Lorraine - your prize will be in the post on Tuesday.


8 comments:

sakazoke said...

Well done all of you! I have to say there were some gorgeous atcs. I love Lorraine's atc as that was the one i voted for. Very clever indeed, but so were the others.
You are the best for adding a third hun. Now im back on line i am going to start adding my atcs ive made :)
Tina
xx

Dawn said...

Omg!! Can't believe I even got this far, thanks so much to everyone who voted because the other ATC's were really great too.
I look forward to receiving my charms and will definitely put them to good use. I really enjoyed this challenge.

Thank You

DAwn

Chriss Rollins said...

Well done girls well deserved they were all great and difficult to choose a fave.
I knew that Was yours Rosie I even emailed linda and said i thought it was..lol..you have a style about you.
Great backgrounds achieved it would seem nothing was safe in our homes.
again well done
Chris n ATC queen Dottie x

Denise said...

Well done and congratulations! the atcs where fab and it was a difficult choice. Enjoy your prizes!
Hugs
DeniseSA

Linda Vincent said...

A great challenge and the winners deserve their prizes! Well done Karen.
Linda xx

Jaqi said...

Well Done everyone, They were all very creative, I suppose no household items will ever be safe now! Congratulations to the winners , Jaqi x

Lorraine said...

thanks so much to those who voted for me. Looking forward to getting the prize. Well done to the other winners.

Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Sorry I haven't popped by before to say Congratulations to the winners. The prizes were really well deserved and it was a fab challenge :)
Can't wait for the next one :)
hugs
Chris xx