Wednesday 9 April 2008

Paperbag Studios Dreamer Rubber Stamp Sheet


Ok now I absolutely love the Paperbag Studios Stamps - and at £17.99 for a full (almost A4) sheet containing loads of images they are really really good value. All these ATC's below are made with images from the one sheet - Dreamer. All the sheets are selling out fast but I hope to be getting a new delivery in from the US in about 2 weeks.

This first ATC is by Tina - the image of this little girl has to be my absolute favourite. Tina has created a gorgeous soft collage effect witht the girl image and lots of birds, postmarks and script stamps. The bird and postmark stamps are Tina's own but I hope Scrapz will be stocking more bird stamps very soon (so keep your eye open if you love birds). I love the way Tina layers images and textures - the green spots are embossed on giving a lovely extra dimension. Tina uses sequin waste to do this.
This next ATC is also by Tina - this time the image has been stamped very lightly so that it fades into the background (and a gorgeous background it is too - I love the purple and pinky shades - plus there is some blue and gold in there too).


OK this one is by me. Another lovely little girl image from the Dreamer sheet - I coloured her in with decorating chalks and then triple embossed over the top. The background is made using Adirondack Spray colour washes (I love this stuff but it is rather messy - so you need to make sure everything in sight is covered or is OK to get inky. ) I then used script and the binder edge stamp (which are both on the Dreamer sheet) and a postmark which is on the Paperartsy Dolls Plate 1. And finally - because the ATC is entitled 'Dear Diary - when I grow up I want to be....' - I have finished her off with a princess crown charm (I bet I wasn't the only one who wanted to be a princess when I grew up was I?)
This one is also by me - using the ABC boy stamp from the dreamer sheet, the wording from another of the Paperbag studios sheets (dream notions half sheet), more postmarks (this time embossed in gold) and the check effect is made by making off areas using strips of masking tape then colouring with ink pads. The background is made using china blue and fire brick red distress ink pads (rubbed on using cut n dry foam) - then the whole thing sprayed with a light mist of water so that the ink blends (I often put a small amount of mica powder in my water sprays to give a shimmering effect.) Oh and half a german scrap wing (not that I am stingy or anything LOL!)
Create A Dream is another by me - not a very good picture but there is a light spotted effect on the top edge - this was done by stamping the spots onto the plain white card using versmark ink - the background was then sprayed using the colour washes so it resisted the versamark a bit. The little girl has been coloured and triple embossed. The gold edging is done by running a gold marker pen down the edge.

This effect is done by stamping the same image (again from the Dreamer sheet) onto both clear vellum and shrink plastic. Both are layered onto a white background that has been collage stamped with loads of different images then a really light coating of white gesso was brushed over the top to give a softer effect. I stuck both the vellum and the shrink plastic down using glossy accents. This does cause the vellum to bubble and ripple but I liked this effect as it added to the distressed look.

My fave image again - this time used as both a background shadow and coloured and embossed for the foreground. The background was an orange and white check pattern (which I made by using thin strips of masking tape and the pumpkin orange stazon pad.). I then clear embossed a swirl patter over the top before colouring with spray washes and distress inks (plus again a bit of mica and water spray).

This is a cute vintage look image from the dreamer sheet, coloured and embossed and layered on top of a background made using the spray washes again (I did say I loved those didn't I?). The wording stamps are a Making Memories magnetic set (unfortunately we don't sell these at Scrapz yet) - they are so useful for ATC's.















Lastly I have included this one also by me as it uses the diamond stamp from the dreamer set on the background. The diamond stamp looks great embossed over a colour washed background (here is it embossed in gold but would also look good in clear to give texture rather than colour). We don't sell the stamp at Scrapz but I saw her on ebay last week and couldn't resist - its a Viva Las Vegastamp. The picture is awful quality - sorry about that - I scanned it in quickly before swapping so can't take another picture. It isn't blurry in real life honest LOL!


2 comments:

sakazoke said...

I own these gorgeous ATCs of Karens shown and i can assure you they are the best ever. The colours and textures are what Karen & i are getting well known for :)
Im so proud to be the owner of most of her work. Just greedy really as she makes what i simply adore.
Keep up the good work hun. You are doing a great job.
Hugs
Tina

Linda Vincent said...

This is such a great blog! All the ATCs are fabulous and I have learned SO much. Can't wait to see what you two do next!
Love Linda xx