Saturday 25 April 2009

Spring Competition

Firstly I would like to apologise for going missing for such a long time and to thank you all for your kind comments and emails regarding my dad.  

I have been hunting high and low for my mojo since my dad died and unfortunately I still haven't found it!   All I have made in the last few months is this one card and a couple of candles so I am desperately in need of inspiration......and what better way to be inspired than to have a Spring Competition so that I can see all your lovely work.

So here's the competition - make anything Spring related (you can interpret Spring in any way you like - it could just be in the use of Springtime colours).  Absolutely anything goes as long as it is handmade (Card, ATC, jewellery, canvas, scrapbook page......anything!)  

This is the prize that is up for grabs: 

Innovative Stamp Creations unmounted Rubber Stamps - Harlequin Flowers.
10 Metres of Spring coloured ribbons
18 Charms

(the winner will be chosen by several of my family and friends - I will not be judging as I always want everyone to win!)
All you need to do to enter is email a picture of your 'Spring' creation to Karen@scrapz.co.uk before Midnight on Monday 4th May 2009. The winner will be announced on the 7th May.





Here is my example.





xx Karen






8 comments:

pammyjo said...

You've been missed. I hope you have stepped back onto the road to feeling yourself. Just one step at a time. Love your example. The competition sounds fun. Hug, :) P

Unknown said...

You definitely have been missed - sending you a ((((hug)))) and now I am off to get my thinking cap on ... the Spring one of course :0))

Jaqi said...

Its lovely to have you back, I hope your mojo returns soon, I know it will once you start its too clever to go missing for long.... what a lovely competition, something bright and cheery, its what we all need. Your card is lovely, the tree looks like its standing off the card , thanks for sharing and welcome back, Jaqi x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Good to see you back.. can I join in tyoo?
Hugs
Jennie x

lottie said...

I just love this card - such a wonderful combination of different stamps.

I an useless at card making - I get a mental 'block'. I really must try harder

I have been looking through all your older posts - and found some really good tips and techniques - thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hey, good to see you around xxx I am very guilty too of not being and haven't posted either but something drew me here to see how you are! I'll have a go if I find a rare moment - nice to see you though x

Donna Gotlib said...

Hi Karen,
I'm stopping by to thank you for your kind and precious support this past year. Elizabeth left us Thursday, April 30... on her birthday. How often we have looked at and enjoyed the beautiful picture that you made for her. It was a favorite. Sending you hugs, love, and a huge thank you that will never be forgotten.
Donna (Cookie Sunshine)

Lesley said...

I just discoverd your blog and I see some great art here.
I found you through Pammy Jo's blog.
I love that matchbox shrine, but all entries are wonderful.